Webinar: Digital Marketing during COVID-19
Covid -19 has rapidly changed the way we live our day-to-day lives. We now interact with our friends, colleagues, and family in a completely different way. The unknown is bearing down on all of us, for the foreseeable future. The best we can do is look back before we look forward and gather some collective insights and begin to plot our way forward. We know this: People are holding their breath. They are looking to leaders, both political and business, to give some semblance of normalcy. The unsaid is as unsettling as the positive spin. But people do look to people, brands and organizations they trust when their back is up against the wall. This is no time to rely on hearsay or conjecture - people want action.
- The Basics: Look to the heart of your brand’s essence, and you can act or just listen.
- Everything is Local: Businesses want to make a huge impact; they want to shift seas - this isn’t the right place to start. Start next door.
- Allow for Invention: This environment is when and where invention blossoms
- Building a digital community: How can that translate to the real community? How can your brand help facilitate that? How can you demonstrate that you care through action? What are the common mistakes companies make when trying to add their voice to the conversation?
- Streaming on TV’s and radio have taken over: People are spending more time than ever watching TV at home, and with the majority of people under the age of 35 not interested in traditional cable, advertising on steaming has become more impactful than ever.
- News is King: In a crisis, people look more towards trusted news outlets more than ever. Local news outlets are seeing unprecedented traffic – both online and in the increased ratings for local TV affiliates. Much of that is due to local and state governments taking the lead in many efforts to address the pandemic, and the local outlets can provide a more nuanced coverage than national outlets.